Looking out your window, you observe the relentless rain pouring down. It’s essential to ensure our pets remain dry and warm during such wet weather. Therefore, when we grab our raincoats and umbrellas, we must not overlook the needs of our four-legged companions. As a dog owner, outfitting your pet in a charming Waterproof dog coat with built in harness with matching boots before embarking on a walk isn’t merely about snapping the ideal Instagram picture.
Waterproof dog coat with built in harness
Of course, dogs are capable of getting wet, but much like us, they too can feel the cold and start to tremble. Being soaked and exposed to cold water can compromise their immune systems, similar to humans. However, unlike us, dogs have a tendency to shake off surplus water upon returning from the rain. For both humans and dogs, a raincoat serves a practical purpose, with dog rain apparel potentially sparing you the hassle of dealing with a drenched dog and soggy household.
The waterproof dog coat with built in harness is equipped with a small opening on the upper back, suitable for harness users. Crafted for cold weather, it includes a detachable hood for extra cold days and features elasticity under the belly to maintain warmth without restricting movement. With a fleece polyester interior and a waterproof exterior decorated with a reflective high-vis trim, it promises warmth and visibility.
Types of waterproof dog coat with built in harness
Kurgo loft dog coat with harness hole
Also discover: Carrot garden dog toy
This jacket comes with a zipper opening compatible with your dog’s favorite harness. The reversible, athletic fit of this coat provides unrestricted movement for your pet. The fabric used is durable ripstop material, designed to avoid causing irritation to your dog. Loft technology ensures warmth without overheating. It’s water-resistant and insulated, with a reflective trim for nighttime visibility and an adjustable hook and loop belly closure.
This waterproof dog coat with built in harness can be paired with Kurgo Fleece Sweater on particularly cold days for additional warmth.
Henry wag waterproof dog coat with harness hole
This waterproof dog coat with built in harness comes with a lead and harness slot with a protective flap cover. This coat is designed to let you and your dog enjoy the outdoors longer while limiting the mess of dirt and water once home. The Hydro-Comfort Technology in the fabric offers breathability and waterproofing for maximum comfort. Also, it includes a reflective stripe for visibility at night.
The coat comes with an adjustable collar for a snug fit, an elastic head hole for easy dressing, and elastic leg straps for a secure fit.
Geyecete Dog Jacket for Whippet, Lurcher, and Greyhound
This waterproof dog coat with built in harness comes with a harness hole at the back of the neck and reflective straps for visibility. Designed for breeds with minimal natural insulation such as greyhounds, lurchers, and whippets, this coat is shaped uniquely to accommodate their body structure. It offers waterproof protection while being lightweight and breathable, with a mesh lining.
Morezi waterproof dog coat with built in harness
This jumpsuit-style jacket comes with an integrated harness featuring a unified traction belt design, secured with a back zipper for effortless dressing.
The jacket includes a waterproof outer layer, combined with a polar fleece lining for comfort and warmth. It also offers an adjustable extended neck to guard against cold drafts. Furthermore, the coat is equipped with high-visibility reflective strips.
Gooby Padded waterproof dog coat with built in harness
This waterproof dog coat with built in harness comes with a double D-ring design that lets you securely attach a leash to the top of the jacket, eliminating the need for an underlying harness.
The vests are designed with the aim of providing warmth, dryness, and comfort to your dog. They feature a fleece lining and a water-resistant exterior. Despite being lightweight, they don’t get waterlogged in rain or snow.
The design includes a zipper on the dog’s back for easy dressing, along with a ‘safe fur guard’ to avoid fur entanglement. Alternatively, you can use snap buttons if your dog is overly eager for their walk. The vest also has a unique cutaway design to prevent soiling when your dog needs to relieve itself.
Tips for choosing waterproof dog coat with built in harness
Absolutely, here are some tips on choosing a waterproof dog coat with built in harness:
- Size Matters: Before purchasing a waterproof dog coat, make sure you measure your dog properly. This includes the length from neck to tail, the chest girth, and the neck circumference. A well-fitted coat provides maximum comfort and mobility.
- Quality of Material: Opt for a dog coat made of durable, waterproof materials. Consider a coat with a comfortable inner lining like fleece for added warmth during colder months.
- Harness Integration: Ensure the built-in harness is sturdy and adjustable. The harness should provide control without causing discomfort or restricting your dog’s movement.
- Easy to clean: Dogs love to explore and can get messy, so it’s important to choose a coat that is easy to clean. Many coats can be machine-washed, but always check the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions.
- Visibility features: If you often walk your dog in low-light conditions, consider a coat with reflective strips or a high-visibility color to help keep your pet safe.
- Easy to Wear: Choose a coat with a simple design that’s easy to put on and take off your dog. Coats with zippers or Velcro can be more convenient.
- Fit of the harness: Once you receive the coat, adjust the harness while it’s on your dog to ensure it fits well. The harness should be snug but not too tight; you should be able to fit two fingers between the harness and your dog’s body.
- Check for any discomfort: Monitor your dog while they’re wearing the coat. Watch out for any signs of discomfort or distress such as scratching, whining, or trying to remove the coat.
Remember, while a waterproof dog coat with built in harness can provide warmth and control, it should never replace supervision and safe practices during your walks.